- Adjunct professor at the University of British Columbia School of Public and Population
- Executive Director of MAPS Canada (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies).
- Has published on the issue of drug control policy in the following Journals:
- Canadian Journal of Public Health,
- International Journal of Drug Policy,
- Encyclopaedia of Public Health,
- Harm Reduction Journal,
- Open Medicine,
- Journal of Psychoactive Drugs.
- Teaches in the UBC School of Population and Public Health, Nursing, Social Work and Medicine.
- Worked for the addiction services for 28 years in counselling, and supervisory roles.
- Has provided public education on drugs and drug policy for over 30 years.
- Offers private practice counselling to individuals dealing with a wide variety of substance use issues from parents who are dealing with alcohol, drug and special needs issues to psychedelic experience integration.
- Works with the Health Officers Council of British Columbia on their position papers on the issue of a regulated market for all currently illegal drugs.
- Has presented in conferences and training events in many countries.
- Awarded the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal for drug policy reform work in 2013.
SOWK440B Integrative Seminars in Social Work - INTGRTV SEM SOWK Sections
A series of seminars offered during the final term of studies which address salient issues in social policy and social work practice and draw upon combined knowledge from social work and related disciplines.
One fine body…